September 2018 - June 2019
Grade 1 to 6
We are currently looking for teachers who are responsible for creating a positive personal learning experience for students in an enriched classroom to enhance students love of learning Language. The curriculum will focus on spelling, reading, writing and presentations. Using the Apostrophe Kids program materials, the teacher creates balanced and exciting learning experiences for students. The Apostrophe Kids teacher evaluates student progress, and ensures learning is personal and engaging for each student.
• prepares for each instructional session and gathers and prepares materials as appropriate
• greets students and initiates instruction to personally engage each student
• instructs students according to the design of the Apostrophe Kids program
• manages students, tasks and instructional time to create a balanced instructional session
• evaluates and records progress of each student
• uses praise and encouragement to ensure students are inspired to learn
• through ongoing in-class and descriptive feedback builds individual student learning
• maintains positive relationships with students, parents and the Apostrophe Kids team
• ensures a safe classroom environment
• writes mid-term and final report cards
• Thursdays 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• 3-1/2 hour weekly commitment is a must
John Knox Christian School
2232 Sheridan Garden Dr.
Oakville, ON L6J 7T1
Education and Skills:
• Bachelor of Education degree
• Ontario Certified Teachers preferred
• Primary-Junior level
• Experience teaching at an Elementary level
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Competitive hourly rates
To apply for a teaching position, please submit a cover letter and resume. We thank you for your interest in Apostrophe Kids.