Volunteer Teacher Assistant
September 2018 - June 2019
Grade 1 to 6
We are currently looking for dedicated volunteers to assist teachers in creating a positive personal learning experience for students in an enriched classroom to enhance students love of learning Language. The curriculum will focus on spelling, reading, writing and presentations. Volunteers are key to ensuring a personal and engaging learning experience for each student.
• provides support to the teacher as needed
• provides support to each student by engaging in their learning experience
• assists in the delivery and collecting of student work
• offers guidance during independent work
• uses praise and encouragement to ensure students are inspired to learn
• maintains positive relationships with students and the Apostrophe Kids team
• maintains a safe classroom environment
• Thursdays 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• 3-1/2 hour weekly commitment is a must
John Knox Christian School
2232 Sheridan Garden Dr.
Oakville, ON L6J 7T1
Education and Skills:
• High-school or equivalent
• Enjoy working with children
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Will develop skills related to:
• Teaching an individualized literacy program
• Working with children
• Interpersonal communication
• Gaining valuable work related experience while making a difference in a child
• Volunteer Hours Letter
• Work reference (if required)
To apply for a volunteer position, please submit a cover letter and resume. We thank you for your interest in Apostrophe Kids.